Monday, January 7, 2013

The Loner

It's been months since I posted here! Sorry about that if anybody missed me.
I guess I just needed a break.Since January 3rd, I've been participating in Leslie Saeta's thirty paintings in thirty days challenge. I'm giving it a shot along with over two hundred other participants. My theme for the series is paintings that are derived from inspirational quotes. I decided today to post the next 24 pieces here as well as on my other blog, where you can see the trees and quotes I've already completed this week. 



"Trees are much like human beings 
and enjoy each other's company.
Only a few love to be alone."  
~ Jens Jensen

YAY!!



The Loner
5.5" x 7.5" original watercolor on Yupo paper, double matted to 8" x 10" - $85.
Quotes will be hand lettered and laminated to the back of the painting's matting.
mats -(acid-free/white core) with foam core backing, in an acetate sleeve
ready to fit into a standard 8" x 10" frame

 

The Loner is #6 of my 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge. My personal theme is paintings inspired by quotes and so far I've done all trees because I love them and all the great things about them. This piece evolved into a "Tuscany Inspired" tree theme through the comments and feedback of friends on facebook. Although I've never been there, or painted it before, I've seen many photos and hear from everyone that it is simply one of the most magnificent places on the planet. It is most definitely on my bucket list! I did a lot of pre-painting planning on this little gem. It kind of came out with a Van Gogh influence, don't you think? How do you think I did with the colors?

Thanks to everyone on facebook that helped me with these "Tuscany Colors". Your comments and feedback help me to grow and is most appreciated!

X ♥  O 




No comments: