Sunday, May 31, 2009
Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Monday, May 25, 2009
"This is my letter to the world, that never wrote to me, the simple news that Nature told, with tender majesty. Her message is committed, to hands I cannot see; for love of her, sweet countrymen, judge tenderly of me." ~ Emily Dickinson
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Saturday, May 23, 2009
Friday, May 22, 2009
Thursday, May 21, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Monday, May 18, 2009
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Monday, May 11, 2009
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Friday, May 8, 2009
Thursday, May 7, 2009
A Description of the Attributes this Award Recognizes:
1) The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2) The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3) There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture, Sciences or Beliefs.
4) The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5) The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.
The Bloggers who receive this award will need to perform the following steps:
1) Create a post with a mention and link to the blogger who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award to you.
2) The award conditions must be displayed in the post.
3) Write a short post about what your blog has thus far achieved.
4) The blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award to blogs in concurrence with the award conditions.
5) The blogger can display the award at any location on their blog.
I'm truly surprised by Sheila's gesture here. Out of all her friends and followers and all the blogs she follows, I am honored that she has chosen this one. I am glad somebody finds value here. I refer to myself as a quote-aholic. For as long as I can remember, I've collected, repeated and passed on inspirational quotes, proverbs and sayings. They offer me strength and guidance when I find myself faltering. Used as affirmations, they empower me and can often set my mood for the day. It is good to know that others can find value and inspiration through these posts as well.
I'd like to pass a double award that I made especially for her, back to Sheila
for her unselfishness and dedication in helping make this world a better place in many ways, among them, she takes the time to have friends.
"Nobody sees a flower really, it is so small, it takes time, we haven't time and to see takes time, like to have a friend takes time." ~ Georgia O'Keeffe
To Nancy Louie, my friend whose blog, Light Musings, is a wealth of inspiration and information for designers and photographers. Nan unselfishly has spent her time helping folks like me see some light at the end of the technical tunnel of photography, computers and the business.
Also, there is Carrie Jacobson's blog filled with great insights, wonderful and descriptive writing and uplifting paintings called The Accidental Artist.
Thanks, Many Blessings and Hugs, Sandy